The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set is an incredible and easy-to-use STEAM learning kit perfect for introducing coding & creative programmable robotics into the classroom. Designed for secondary school-age children, the SPIKE Prime set combines colourful LEGO Education building elements, intelligent hardware and drag and drop coding language based on Scratch, making it ideal for complete beginners to advanced coders.
The LEGO Spike Prime set is the perfect STEAM learning tool for secondary school students. SPIKE Prime combines curriculum-based STEAM lessons with LEGO bricks, a programmable multi-port Hub, and Scratch-based and Python coding languages. Therefore, it is easy for a student to learn how to build a robot in a fun and engaging way.
The colourful LEGO bricks make hands-on robotics learning accessible, as well as being relatable to all students due to the mini-figures with diverse identities. With LEGO Education, learning coding and robotics in schools is easy for you and exciting for them.
The SPIKE Prime set is compatible with the Raspberry Pi Build HAT.
The set is suitable for children aged 10 years +.
What’s included in the LEGO SPIKE Prime Set:
- Sturdy storage box with sorting trays,
- Programmable Hub,
- 528 LEGO elements in a fresh colour palette,
- Distance Sensor,
- Force Sensor,
- Colour Sensor,
- Large Motor,
- 2 Medium Motors,
- 5×5 Light Matrix,
- 6 input/output Ports,
- Integrated 6-axis gyro,
- Bluetooth connectivity,
- Rechargeable Battery.
The SPIKE Prime Set includes highly accurate motors and sensors that, together with many colourful LEGO building elements allowing students to design and build creative prototypes.
Students can access numerous building elements and use the many attachment points on the hub with the motors and sensors so that they can concentrate on building projects rather than learning how to use the set.
Key features of the LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Set:
- The durable storage box and 2 sorting trays keep setup and clean-up time to a minimum, and the smaller trays are ideal for when desk space is limited.
- The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ App offers a simple introduction to programming with intuitive word-block coding based on Scratch. Then, as students build their skills, they can explore text-based coding with Python.
- In addition to the Getting Started material, the SPIKE App comes with 5-unit plans of standards-aligned STEAM content focussing on data science, engineering, and computer science optimised for 45-minute classes.
- Supported by a comprehensive competency-based professional development program that equips teachers with the skills and knowledge they need to facilitate meaningful STEAM learning experiences, empowering students to succeed.
- The SPIKE Prime set is compatible with the Raspberry Pi Build HAT.
What are the benefits of using a LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Set in a classroom?
Using the LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Set in a 45-minute lesson, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply engineering design skills at each step of the design process.
- Develop efficient problem-solving and coding skills by breaking down problems and practising logical thinking.
- Design projects that combine hardware and software components to collect and exchange data.
- Work with variables, data arrays, and web-based third-party data.
This table shows the different options you can choose. And below it, there are a few useful things to bear in mind.
When it arrives
|Standard UK Delivery||
£2.95 or FREE on orders over £25
|2-3 business days (except bank holidays and weekends) between 8am - 8pm.||11:00 a.m.|
UK Premium Next Working Day Delivery
£5.99 or FREE on orders over £50
Next business day delivery (except bank holidays and weekends) between 8am - 8pm.
£12.99 - £99.99
Please email us and we will find the best and cheapest shipping option for your needs.
If you're out when our courier attempts delivery they'll leave a card to let you know
If no one answers the door when our courier attempts delivery they'll leave a card letting you know they've been and which of the following actions they've taken
- Attempt re-delivery (Delivery will be attempted 3 times in total)
- Leaving your order with a neighbour
- Leaving your order somewhere safe on your property
Please note certain items will require a signature as proof of delivery.
You can ask for your items to be delivered to your work or another address
- Just select the delivery address you want when you place your order
- You'll need to make sure that the address given is able to accept the delivery and has space for the delivery vehicle
- Please note we do not accept deliveries to PO Boxes
- Orders can be delivered to freight forwarding companies, Hotels, Storage and relocation companies who you give permission to take the order on your behalf
- Please note we will not refund you for anything that gets damaged or lost after we have successfully delivered it to your selected delivery address
- We'll need your billing address to process payment
We try our very best to be on time – but don't always manage it
We do absolutely everything we can to make sure your order reaches you on time. But there are all sorts of unforeseen problems that can prevent that – including breakdowns, extreme weather and illness. We're sorry if we're late.
We can deliver the majority of our products, to most countries around the world.
Please email us at email@example.com and will find the best and cheapest shipping option for your needs.
We are happy to accept back any unwanted items supplied to consumers for refund, within 28 days of purchase, providing the following terms are met:
- All packaging must be intact so that the item is in a re-saleable condition
- You are able to provide a valid proof of purchase – this can be your confirmation email or the invoice/packing note inside your delivery parcel.
- Return postage costs are covered by the customer (please also note that your original postage charge will not be included in the refund.
- Entertainer Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- It can take up to 10 working days to receive the funds back after we have issued your refund.
If you have bought an item from us that proves to be faulty, please let us know as soon as the fault becomes apparent so we are able to help.
You must be able to provide a valid proof of purchase – this can be your confirmation email or the invoice/packing note inside your delivery parcel.
We reserve the right to test the product before accepting it back for refund or replacement.
Free delivery included.
Although our electronic toys are covered by a year's warranty.
Does your robot toy or STEM kit have a screw loose? Have you lost your building instructions? Do you have questions about a function, app, element or general inquiry?
Have specific needs or questions about how to implement coding robots in your classroom?
Fill out the form or use Live Chat below, and one of Sales Representatives will be in touch!
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
Phone us on +44(0)1865477802.
General questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Order enquiries, purchase orders - email@example.com
Your friendly, non-robotic ROBOCUBE customer service staff is happy to help!