Attention: Please note BBC micro:bit Bulk (300 units) is backordered and orders containing this item will ship in their entirety in late September 2022.
If you have any questions, please get it touch at email@example.com.
BBC micro:bit Bulk (300 units) Description
2012418The BBC micro:bit v2 is a mini computer that has been designed to make coding fun and easy to learn. The micro:bit v2 is completely programmable so you can easily bring your ideas to life! From making games to creating music and even controlling robots. The micro:bit comes with neat hardware such as a 25 LED display, buttons, in-built speakers, Bluetooth connectivity and sensors for temperature, motion & light. What are you waiting for? Lets get programming!
If you are looking to start programming or would like an exciting device to get young people interested in coding – then the BBC micro:bit v2 is perfect for you!
Created by the BBC working in partnership with other brands, the micro:bit is a small, programmable computer that has been designed to inspire children and young people to learn about programming and electronics in a practical and fun way.
Measuring just 4cm x 5cm, this single board computer has an impressive ARM Cortex m4 processor and 512KB of flash, making it a capable little device. The micro:bit comes in 4 colours and has various individually programmable inputs and outputs including a 5×5 LED matrix display, buttons, speakers and microphone. The micro:bit also features a temperature sensor, accelerometer, touch sensitive logo, and a built in sleep/off mode.
It is compatible with lots of free online code editors designed for different knowledge levels across a number of different programming languages so you can find something to suit how you want to learn or teach. There are endless amounts of free projects, lesson plans and activities to try, so there is every reason to start your micro:bit journey today.
- 300 x micro:bit v2 boards – available in 4 colours red, yellow, green & blue (please note we cannot select the colour of the micro:bit you will receive)
Key Features of the micro:bit v2
- 25 LED matrix on the board where you can scroll messages or display numbers
- Accelerometer to detect movement or tilting
- Bluetooth connection to interact with the internet or other devices
- 2 user input buttons
- Micro USB connection to use with PC for programming
- Port for a battery pack
- ARM Cortex-M4 CPU
- Built-in speaker and microphone
- 20 pin edge connector along the bottom of the board
What’s new with the micro:bit V2?
The BBC micro:bit launched in 2016 and has been a huge success globally, completely transforming the way children learnt about computing digitally. All of the features everyone loves about the micro:bit have stayed whilst some new ones have been added. To note, the micro:bit v2 board is backwards compatible with other micro:bit boards, ecosystems and accessories. So you don’t have to worry about replacing any equipment you have.
We have highlighted some of the key differences between the board versions below:
- New built in-built speaker & microphone.
- Memory has increased by 700% from 16KB to128KB RAM and 256KB to 512KB flash which gives the device much more capability.
- The CPU has been upgraded from a Cortex m0 at 16MHz to a Cortex m4 with a floating-point at 64MHz.
- The golden edge connectors have small indentations that allow much easier prototyping with crocodile clips that won’t keep falling off.
- The board can now provide 200mA to accessories, up from 90mA in the previous board version.
- Extra input capability is achieved with the touch sensor to accompany the existing two buttons.
- Version 2 now has a power LED and can be switched off instead of having to remove batteries.
- Able to support both AI and machine learning.
Getting Started with the micro:bit
The micro: bit is super easy to use. You don’t need lots of complicated peripherals to get started – all you need is a PC or mobile device to programme it on. To get started you will need:
- A micro:bit and battery pack with 2 AAA batteries
- A computer, phone or tablet with internet access code editors to programme your micro:bit
- If you’re using a computer, a USB lead to connect your micro:bit
- For building and making projects with your micro:bit, some extra items that are great to have include headphones, crocodile clip leads and conductive materials such as aluminium foil and paper clips.
Once the micro:bit is programmed it will then stay in the flash memory and you can run it every time as many times as desired. Then you can re-programme it when you want to try a different project, 1 programme can be held at a time.
This table shows the different options you can choose. And below it, there are a few useful things to bear in mind.
When it arrives
|Standard UK Delivery||
£2.95 or FREE on orders over £25
|2-3 business days (except bank holidays and weekends) between 8am - 8pm.||11:00 a.m.|
UK Premium Next Working Day Delivery
£5.99 or FREE on orders over £50
Next business day delivery (except bank holidays and weekends) between 8am - 8pm.
£12.99 - £99.99
Please email us and we will find the best and cheapest shipping option for your needs.
If you're out when our courier attempts delivery they'll leave a card to let you know
If no one answers the door when our courier attempts delivery they'll leave a card letting you know they've been and which of the following actions they've taken
- Attempt re-delivery (Delivery will be attempted 3 times in total)
- Leaving your order with a neighbour
- Leaving your order somewhere safe on your property
Please note certain items will require a signature as proof of delivery.
You can ask for your items to be delivered to your work or another address
- Just select the delivery address you want when you place your order
- You'll need to make sure that the address given is able to accept the delivery and has space for the delivery vehicle
- Please note we do not accept deliveries to PO Boxes
- Orders can be delivered to freight forwarding companies, Hotels, Storage and relocation companies who you give permission to take the order on your behalf
- Please note we will not refund you for anything that gets damaged or lost after we have successfully delivered it to your selected delivery address
- We'll need your billing address to process payment
We try our very best to be on time – but don't always manage it
We do absolutely everything we can to make sure your order reaches you on time. But there are all sorts of unforeseen problems that can prevent that – including breakdowns, extreme weather and illness. We're sorry if we're late.
We can deliver the majority of our products, to most countries around the world.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and will find the best and cheapest shipping option for your needs.
We are happy to accept back any unwanted items supplied to consumers for refund, within 28 days of purchase, providing the following terms are met:
- All packaging must be intact so that the item is in a re-saleable condition
- You are able to provide a valid proof of purchase – this can be your confirmation email or the invoice/packing note inside your delivery parcel.
- Return postage costs are covered by the customer (please also note that your original postage charge will not be included in the refund.
- Entertainer Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- It can take up to 10 working days to receive the funds back after we have issued your refund.
If you have bought an item from us that proves to be faulty, please let us know as soon as the fault becomes apparent so we are able to help.
You must be able to provide a valid proof of purchase – this can be your confirmation email or the invoice/packing note inside your delivery parcel.
We reserve the right to test the product before accepting it back for refund or replacement.
Free delivery included.
Although our electronic toys are covered by a year's warranty.
Does your robot toy or STEM kit have a screw loose? Have you lost your building instructions? Do you have questions about a function, app, element or general inquiry?
Have specific needs or questions about how to implement coding robots in your classroom?
Fill out the form or use Live Chat below, and one of Sales Representatives will be in touch!
Live chat opening hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
Phone us on +44(0)1865477802.
General questions - email@example.com
Order enquiries, purchase orders - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your friendly, non-robotic ROBOCUBE customer service staff is happy to help!