SoftBank Robotics Pepper is an autonomous talking humanoid robot which can be programmed to perceive emotions and adapt its behaviour to the mood of the humans around it. Pepper can identify joy, sadness, anger or surprise and respond appropriately making interactions with humans incredibly natural and intuitive.
It has astonishing flexibility and fluidity of movement and can gesture with the speed and grace of a human while its 3 omni-directional wheels enable the robot to move around freely through 360°. Pepper has a total of 20 degrees of freedom. The robot also has a 10.1 inch touch screen which allows the integration of web pages, applications and images.
Pepper was designed to make interactions with human beings as natural and intuitive as possible and as a result the robot has been used in commercial applications all over the world.
Programming Pepper is easy using the bespoke Choregraphe* software which has been tried and tested on Pepper's smaller cousin NAO. Choregraphe* is used to build and manage the behaviours that you develop for the robot. Advanced users can also develop applications and behaviours using the Python and C++ SDKs.
To view Pepper's online handbook see https://pepperhb1.ald.softbankrobotics.com/index.htm
Academic package includes:
Power supply/battery charger
Please note – Pepper is only available to schools, colleges and universities. For commercial requirements, please contact us.
A docking station for Pepper is available, see here.
*Mac compatibility of Choregraphe is for OS X 10.8.3 and previous. Later versions are currently not compatible.
- Height: 1.2m (4ft)
- Weight: 28kg (62lb)
- Battery: lithium-ion 30Ah (for 12 hours usage)
This table shows the different options you can choose. And below it, there are a few useful things to bear in mind.
When it arrives
|Standard UK Delivery||
£3.99 or FREE on orders over £50
|2-4 business days (except bank holidays and weekends) between 8am - 8pm.||11:00 a.m.|
UK Premium Next Working Day Delivery
£6.99 or FREE on orders over £50
Next business day delivery (except bank holidays and weekends) between 8am - 8pm.
Please email us and we will find the best and cheapest shipping option for your needs.
If you're out when our courier attempts delivery they'll leave a card to let you know
If no one answers the door when our courier attempts delivery they'll leave a card letting you know they've been and which of the following actions they've taken
- Attempt re-delivery (Delivery will be attempted 3 times in total)
- Leaving your order with a neighbour
- Leaving your order somewhere safe on your property
Please note certain items will require a signature as proof of delivery.
You can ask for your items to be delivered to your work or another address
- Just select the delivery address you want when you place your order
- You'll need to make sure that the address given is able to accept the delivery and has space for the delivery vehicle
- Please note we do not accept deliveries to PO Boxes
- Orders can be delivered to freight forwarding companies, Hotels, Storage and relocation companies who you give permission to take the order on your behalf
- Please note we will not refund you for anything that gets damaged or lost after we have successfully delivered it to your selected delivery address
- We'll need your billing address to process payment
We try our very best to be on time – but don't always manage it
We do absolutely everything we can to make sure your order reaches you on time. But there are all sorts of unforeseen problems that can prevent that – including breakdowns, extreme weather and illness. We're sorry if we're late.
We can deliver the majority of our products, to most countries around the world.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and will find the best and cheapest shipping option for your needs.
We are happy to accept back any unwanted items supplied to consumers for refund, within 28 days of purchase, providing the following terms are met:
- All packaging must be intact so that the item is in a re-saleable condition
- You are able to provide a valid proof of purchase – this can be your confirmation email or the invoice/packing note inside your delivery parcel.
- Return postage costs are covered by the customer (please also note that your original postage charge will not be included in the refund.
- Entertainer Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- It can take up to 10 working days to receive the funds back after we have issued your refund.
If you have bought an item from us that proves to be faulty, please let us know as soon as the fault becomes apparent so we are able to help.
You must be able to provide a valid proof of purchase – this can be your confirmation email or the invoice/packing note inside your delivery parcel.
We reserve the right to test the product before accepting it back for refund or replacement.
Free delivery included.
Although our electronic toys are covered by a year's warranty.
We love email. Send us a friendly one with a little about what you’re looking for, and we’ll be happy to answer questions and help you figure out what best fits your needs.
What to expect: One of our education experts will respond to your email within a 48 hours, or sometimes a few seconds. Depending on the information you provided, we may ask a few additional questions or provide you with some information of our own. After that, let’s see where this goes… ❤️🤖
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
General questions - email@example.com
Order enquiries, purchase orders - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your friendly, non-robotic ROBOCUBE customer service staff is happy to help!