Sphero RVR+ Description
If you can imagine it, Sphero RVR+ can do it. Our most capable and versatile robot ever, RVR's programmable tread chassis is an expandable platform that can be transformed into almost any kind of robot by students of all ages and programming backgrounds. Drivable right out of the box, packed with a diverse suite of sensors, and built for customization.
Expand RVR's capabilities even further by connecting third-party hardware like a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, BBC micro:bit, or Spheros own littleBits. RVR is your mobile blank canvas. Code with it, build on it, and hack the robot of your dreams then take it anywhere.
- Removable cover plate & developer plate with quick-release button
- Removable, protective roll cage
- Removable, rechargeable battery
- 4-pin UART expansion port to connect to any 3rd-party hardware
- 5V 2.1A USB-A on-board connectivity to power projects using RVR’s battery
- Compatible with Sphero Edu app for iOS, Android, Amazon Fire OS, macOS, Windows, & Chrome OS
- Compatible with Sphero public SDK
Watch a video About Sphero RVR+
You asked for an all-terrain, highly programmable, infinitely-expandable robot — well, here it is. Meet RVR, the robot built by us but inspired by educators, students, hackers, and makers like you.
Level up with RVR+ coding robot
Good for Beginners
RVR is fun to drive and easy to code. Open up the Sphero Edu app to drive RVR all over and when you’re ready to start coding, the Sphero Edu app makes it simple and intuitive: start out with Draw & Drive then dive into Scratch Blocks.
A Medium for Makers
Ready for more? Integrate RVR's powerful on-board sensors into your programming projects and coding creations, then share them with the world.
Highly Expandable for Hackers
What will you build?
Tough and Tenacious
A powerful motor, all-terrain treads, and plenty of torque give you the freedom to drive RVR just about anywhere. RVR also features a precise, professional-level control system that won’t be deterred by obstacles or uneven surfaces.
Packed with Sensors
3rd Party Time
With RVR’s 4-pin UART expansion port and on-board power, you can attach and run 3rd party hardware like a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, and Sphero's littleBits, as well. Want RVR to be your home security sentry, an autonomous metal detector or an environmental sensor you can control over the internet? Chances are, if you can hack it, RVR can do it.
What's in the box?
- Removable cover plate and developer plate with quick-release button
- Removable, protective roll cage
- Removable and rechargeable battery
- Universal, 4-Pin UART expansion port for connecting 3rd party hardware (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit)
- 5V 2.1A USB-A onboard connectivity to power your projects using RVR’s battery.
- Compatible and programmable with the Sphero Edu app
This table shows the different options you can choose. And below it, there are a few useful things to bear in mind.
When it arrives
|Standard UK Delivery||
£3.99 or FREE on orders over £50
|2-4 business days (except bank holidays and weekends) between 8am - 8pm.||11:00 a.m.|
UK Premium Next Working Day Delivery
£6.99 or FREE on orders over £50
Next business day delivery (except bank holidays and weekends) between 8am - 8pm.
Please email us and we will find the best and cheapest shipping option for your needs.
If you're out when our courier attempts delivery they'll leave a card to let you know
If no one answers the door when our courier attempts delivery they'll leave a card letting you know they've been and which of the following actions they've taken
- Attempt re-delivery (Delivery will be attempted 3 times in total)
- Leaving your order with a neighbour
- Leaving your order somewhere safe on your property
Please note certain items will require a signature as proof of delivery.
You can ask for your items to be delivered to your work or another address
- Just select the delivery address you want when you place your order
- You'll need to make sure that the address given is able to accept the delivery and has space for the delivery vehicle
- Please note we do not accept deliveries to PO Boxes
- Orders can be delivered to freight forwarding companies, Hotels, Storage and relocation companies who you give permission to take the order on your behalf
- Please note we will not refund you for anything that gets damaged or lost after we have successfully delivered it to your selected delivery address
- We'll need your billing address to process payment
We try our very best to be on time – but don't always manage it
We do absolutely everything we can to make sure your order reaches you on time. But there are all sorts of unforeseen problems that can prevent that – including breakdowns, extreme weather and illness. We're sorry if we're late.
We can deliver the majority of our products, to most countries around the world.
Please email us at email@example.com and will find the best and cheapest shipping option for your needs.
We are happy to accept back any unwanted items supplied to consumers for refund, within 28 days of purchase, providing the following terms are met:
- All packaging must be intact so that the item is in a re-saleable condition
- You are able to provide a valid proof of purchase – this can be your confirmation email or the invoice/packing note inside your delivery parcel.
- Return postage costs are covered by the customer (please also note that your original postage charge will not be included in the refund.
- Entertainer Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- It can take up to 10 working days to receive the funds back after we have issued your refund.
If you have bought an item from us that proves to be faulty, please let us know as soon as the fault becomes apparent so we are able to help.
You must be able to provide a valid proof of purchase – this can be your confirmation email or the invoice/packing note inside your delivery parcel.
We reserve the right to test the product before accepting it back for refund or replacement.
Free delivery included.
Although our electronic toys are covered by a year's warranty.
We love email. Send us a friendly one with a little about what you’re looking for, and we’ll be happy to answer questions and help you figure out what best fits your needs.
What to expect: One of our education experts will respond to your email within a 48 hours, or sometimes a few seconds. Depending on the information you provided, we may ask a few additional questions or provide you with some information of our own. After that, let’s see where this goes… ❤️🤖
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
General questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Order enquiries, purchase orders - email@example.com
Your friendly, non-robotic ROBOCUBE customer service staff is happy to help!